Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Haven't Given Up...I Promise!!!

Hi All!  It's been way too long since I posted anything on here, so now that I can push my kiddos out the door for fresh air, I can get caught up.  WHEW!

I haven't given up on my diet, I promise.  I have gained pounds and lost pounds and I am still dealing with my emotions and my relationship with One who can help me out.  I still have a terrible sweet tooth and want to overindulge even though I know better.  I found a recipe that I can go to where overindulgence doesn't completely undo my diet and I get to feel fulfilled.  So here is my little gem of a recipe...

Hilly's Lowfat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

First, gather your ingredients...one cake mix of your preferred flavor (I chose Betty Crocker's Triple Chocolate Fudge), one can of pumpkin, 1/2 c. of water (not pictured because I'm awesome like that, and 1 c. of mini chocolate chips.  I also used a cookie scoop and two 24 ct. mini muffin tins

Next, if you're a coffee lover like I am, go ahead and make some so you will have it to enjoy with your finished product!

Empty the cake mix into a large mixing bowl

Add one cup of mini chocolate chips and combine well

Scoop in your pumpkin

Add 1/2 c. water to your mix and stir until well-combined.  Make sure you don't miss any of the batter on the bottom!

Spray your muffin tins.   I used two 24 count mini muffin tins.

I used a cookie scoop to add the batter to the muffin tins but any spoon will do.

Keep going...you're almost there!

Voila!  That's all there is to it.  Just bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes and enjoy! And hey, don't forget to pour a cup of coffee to enjoy with your muffins!













That's all there is to these easy, lowfat muffins.  They're a yummy indulgence when you can't afford to be "bad!"  Here's the formal recipe

Hilly's Lowfat Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

1 cake mix--the flavor of your choice
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. water
1 can of pureed pumpkin
nonstick cooking spray
muffin tins

Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.  Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.  Set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and chocolate chips.  Add 1/2 c. water and can of pureed pumpkin and stir until well combined.  Scoop into sprayed muffin tins.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  Cool and enjoy! Or just eat them warm out of the oven which is perfectly acceptable too!! :-)

Makes at least 48 mini-muffins.  You could probably get another 12 out of the mix if you make super small muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment